In a recent article in Psychology Today, murals were used to help connect people connect with scenes of familiarity from their past. “A decor that is reminiscent of their earlier years can help stimulate their memory,” says William Senders, coordinator of nursing homes at the New York City Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
Although the article discusses the sullen subject of alzheimers, the study did show that murals on the wall helped patients to connect with memories in their past life.
Recently I had Farley paint a mural of an Asian countryside on my wall. Every night when I arrive home from work, I am greeted Read more…
Why paint a Mural on an Interior or Exterior wall of your home or business?
Because a mural can:
* visually expand a space;
* “grow” another room or outside patio altogether;
* help visitors feel welcome and put them at ease;
* transform a strange wall or niche, where no can furniture fit, into a focal point;
* make time go by quicker when visitors can enjoy a pleasing environment;
* calm frightened children before seeing a doctor or dentist; Read more…
It’s the bottom of the seventh. The Sox have a man on second and third. Ortiz approaches the plate and the crowd goes wild. The pinch hitter is one with the ball!